Monday, June 6, 2011

I'm having an affair...

It's true.  I'm having an affair.

With food.

There I said it.  And it's about time too.

In the last two months, I've been doing a lot of soul searching and reflection on how I got to be so overweight in the first place.  Yes, there's genetics.  Yes, I am active, but not enough.  Yes, I have made some crappy food choices.  It's all true.  But, after a lot of careful consideration, I've decided that the number one reason I am fat is because of my love of food.

I love the experience of eating.  It's so sensual and alluring.  It's a veritable olfactory orgy of sights, smells, textures and tastes, and I love everything about it.

So, in my great efforts to get to, what I am calling, my comfortable weight (read as, whatever weight I get to where I can look in the mirror and truly love myself, despite a few wobbly bits - I LOVE some of my wobbly bits!) I have decided that rather than fight my love of food, I should work with it.

My plan?  To make every meal (ok, most meals - seriously, who has time for every??) a feast for the senses - it must smell devine, look gorgeous and taste?  Oh you can be guaranteed it will taste at least as good as it looks - mostly because I've said screw it to buying things as inexpensively as possible (I do love a deal!) and gone with buying higher quality ingredients in smaller quantities.  Don't get me wrong, if something is on sale, I will still get it, but only if it is the best quality I can afford.

The result?  21 lbs down, a full belly and family and friends who are super jealous of my gourmet meals!

I will post some of the recipes as my time allows.  This girl's getting ready for the end of the school year, and getting ready to start (yet another) degree - this time at Toronto Montessori Institute to get my Elementary Montessori teaching credentials.  More letters to put behind my name!

In the mean time, enjoy some pics to make your mouths water!


Spinich Salad with Strawberries, Mandarin Oranges, Chicken, Almonds & Poppy Seed Dressing


Homemade Turkey Burger


Spinich Salad with Chicken, Tomatoes, Italian Cheese, Fig Balsamic Dressing & Garlic Toasts

Asian Chicken & Veggies with a Homemade Sesame Ginger Marinade



Angel Hair Primavera with Fresh Basil, Onions, Yellow Zuccini, Roasted Red Peppers & Button Mushrooms


My version of a Greek Gyro with Chicken, tomatoes, feta, spinich and homemade tzatziki sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment