Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single smoothie...

I've always been the "fat girl."

It is what it is.

I'm sure that there are about a million things I could blame my weight on, but really it boils down to bad food choices, stupid portions and not enough exercise.

Well, a few weeks ago, I decided enough was enough.  

I hate the way I look.
I hate the way I feel.
And, I'm tired of being the "fat girl."

I've been reading and researching all kinds of stuff to get my ass in gear - but the more I read, the more I realize that diets are just not going to work for me.

I need a lifestyle change.

I found an amazing *FREE* website called myfitnesspal.com.  It's awesome!!  I had no idea what a proper portion size was or how many calories I was eating before, but this site has helped me get this portion thing under control.  

It helps me keep track of my calorie intake, keep track of my exercise goals and does all the math for me - all I have to do is plug in what I ate or did and voila!  It even keeps track of my weight and measurements so I can see how my body changes as I go through this journey.

I've already lost 3lbs!  YAY!

Anyway - it's going to be a long, hard, crazy journey, but it's going to be SO worth it.

In this spirit, I submit to you my new favourite breakfast - a smoothie - that I hope you will try if you, like me, are trying to get your ass in gear.  I have never been able to eat breakfast without feeling like I was going to puke, but this has been keeping me full, kick starting my metabolism and generally making the day go better!

Enjoy!


Frozen Fruit Breakfast Smoothie
1 cup skim milk (86cal)
1 scoop "Designer Whey" protein (100cal)
1 Tbsp Source Vanilla yogurt (5cal)
one of the following:
3/4 cup PC Frozen 5 Fruit Blend (60cal) OR
1/2 cup PC Frozen Raspberries (40cal) OR
1/2 cup PC Frozen 4 Berry Mix (40cal)

Add 1/2 a banana for a hit of potassium (55cal)

Put all ingredients into a Magic Bullet cup (or a blender) and blend until smooth, throw in a straw and call it brekkie!

Total Calories:
5 Fruit:  251cal   306cal with banana
Raspberry/Mixed Berry:  231cal or 286cal with banana

photo from here





No comments:

Post a Comment