Wednesday, February 2, 2011

More evidence of a (nearly) third of a life crisis.

I used to rock.

I mean seriously.  I was that chick who wore Chuck Taylors and ripped tights, jean mini skirts and vintage tees.  I went to shows, not concerts, of bands that were too small to play their best friend's basement.  I talked smack about anyone who liked "mainstream" music and considered myself to be on the cutting edge of all things indy and up and coming.

I was awesome.

And now I'm boring.

I've been thinking a lot about my last few years of university, and seriously, I'm not sure where that rockin' chick is anymore.  I feel like I've lost her.  Fuck, I even spelled rockin' with proper punctuation.  How ridiculous is that?!

I digress.  The point is, I can't remember the last time I went to a show.  I can't remember what it felt like to mosh in a pit that was so intense I thought I would be squashed to death.  I feel like I'm falling apart here!

I don't want to grow up just yet!

Right now, I just want to get drunk, and go out dancing at Zaphod's in Ottawa (which, to be quite honest, I'm not even sure is still there) and catch some punk show that I can mosh at.

Is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

  1. my old e-mail was punk_rawk_sexkitten - yup I seriously rawked, the distillers, mxpx, nofx and the ramones - heck yes lol! Relive it when you can I encourage it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Stephanie....hate to tell you this but it doesn't really get any better and don't have kids too soon. You won't be bored, but you'll definitely wonder where 'that' girl went!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete