Saturday, December 4, 2010

'Tis the Season...

I've been absent for...months.

Not because I want to, but because I haven't really been in the mood to write.  It seems that this year that my annual case of the Christmas BLAH'S has struck early and with a vengeance rivaling that of Bruce Willis and Alan Rickman in the first Die Hard (now that's a Christmas movie!).  This has ultimately made me into some sort of fake smiling, tree decorating, carol singing Grinch.

Don't get me wrong.  I love Christmas.  Christmas trees, baking, giving presents ( MY FAVOURITE!!) and big roast beast dinners surrounded by family and friends.  Sounds perfect, so I'm sure you're asking yourself the question, what the hell did Christmas ever do to you, you big, whiny, cynical Scrooge?!

Christmas, as seen through the eyes of a child is the most magical time of year...as an adult, it has become a gong show of trying to arrange schedules so that we can be here, or there, or wherever, uncomfortable Christmas dinners with an extended family who has decided, once again, that the Knutson's are on the outs and quite frankly, I'm sick of it all.


"The Grinch hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season! Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason. It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right. It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight. But I think that the most likely reason of all May have been that his heart was two sizes too small." 

So, on that note, Bah-Freaking-Humbug.

And now that I have that rant out of my system, it will be a very happy/merry festivus.

Ho Ho Fucking Ho.



XO

1 comment:

  1. just the family has you on the outs????? your extended work family is totally dysfunctional tooooooooo........ i am beginning to feel like mr. grinch to these last few years ho ho fn ho

    ReplyDelete